Friday, February 23, 2007

Long-term care...and investing

Went to spend some time with Poppy yesterday. He's not doing so well. We're concerned he may be blind. He still has a sense of humor, or at least, he's unintentionally funny.

As I assisted Daisy in moving him from the wheelchair to the bed, I thought back to last Saturday morning when I was talking to Michael Herskovitz about the number of funerals/shivas he's attended recently.

He was quite pensive about this stage in his life and the passage of time. He mentioned, almost in passing, that his company was offering him the opportunity to buy long-term care insurance.

When I looked at Poppy and the amount of care he requires and thought about the coming boomer aging avalanche, you know what I thought?

Is there a mutual fund that tracks long-term care insurance companies?

Let me know.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments