Thursday, August 23, 2007

TV, Books, Papers...What's the Value?

I've started to ask myself more rigorous questions about how I spend my time.

Like many people, there are days when I want to come and just crash on the couch and channel surf the TV.

But, I've started to take (and guard) my time more effectively.

Before I do things...pick up a magazine, turn on the TV, read a book, I ask myself, "What am I going to get out of this experience?"

It's tough and I fail sometimes, but I've just become more discerning.

That's why I love the DVR. I know when I turn it on that I am going to watch something that is quality because I chose it. So, if I want to watch TV, great, but I'm going to do it on my terms.

 

"Garbage in, Garbage out," right?

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments