Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Movie Review: Blades of Glory

On Monday evening, I was talking with Colby Foote of Alameda, CA about our mutual admiration and enjoyment of Will Ferrell movies. I asked him if he had seen Blades of Glory (he hadn't and neither had I) and the conversation moved from there. At that moment, it was #41 in my Netflix queue.

As luck would have it, that was the movie on the plane back from Oakland on Monday night. Now, I normally can't sleep on planes and this time was no exception (even though I had bumped myself up to 1st class using miles). Of course, it is possible that I couldn't sleep b/c I really wanted to watch the movie.

Who knows?

Either way, it was worth it (except for being tired.)

For fans of all of the other Will Ferrell flicks, this one is great. I was laughing so hard I was crying, although I was doing it silently since I was on a plane and most people were sleeping.

Afterwards, my stomach and cheeks hurt.

The co-star is the guy who played Napoleon Dynamite, a movie I hated, but he redeemed himself here.

Most excellent....of course, if this isn't your genre, then don't bother.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments