Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Movie Review: Butterfly Effect

There was a scene in Back to the Future (don't remember which one) where Doc explains to Marty the theory of "alternative universes."

If you saw that movie, you'll get the premise of this one.

Regardless, this is some pretty powerful acting woven through the story of alternative universes.

I must admit that the first 10 minutes had me off in the wrong direction and I said, "this better improve or I am outta here."

Well, it did and I really enjoyed it.

Ashton Kutcher (and his co-stars) all put in first-rate performances and the thought-provoking ideas that the movie puts forward "if you do one thing differently [a butterly flaps its wings], what will the result be in a major way." {see my previous posts on the Iceberg Theory of Change]

I'm going to give it 3.5 stars.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments