Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Book Review: The Little Prince

I'd heard of this book, of course, and Sara Rosenberg was kind enough to send it as a baby gift when Tungsten was born.

For some reason, I picked up the other night and finished it today.

It had the air of a book that was supposed to rock my world, but I am sad to say that it didn't.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy it and it didn't make me think, because it did. The storyline was intriguing, the writing engaging, the the creativity certainly impressive.

In some ways, I was reminded of The Alchemist (maybe because it, too, took place in the desert [and I think the author was French as well]) and it had the feel of a book that was 'other-worldly'.

Sometimes expectations can be too high and that causes disappointment.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments