Wednesday, August 01, 2007

We Still Don't Get It...

One of my major concerns is that most Americans still don't understand the nature of the threat posed by Radical Islam against Western Civilization and how terrorism can become a part of our daily lives.

In the security line at Dulles on Sunday morning, there was an unattended suitcase near the x-ray machine.

Someone sees it, picks it up, and yells out....

"Hey, whose bag is this?"

The TSA guy, to his credit, yelled,

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!!!"

The guy then puts it down and looks a bit embarrassed for having been reprimanded.

Then another guy lifts it up and says,

"Anyone's bag?"

Meanwhile, I am about to dive for cover.

The TSA guy comes over and immediately puts it on the X-ray belt (not ideal, but a start, I suppose).

Maybe it's the "Hefetz Hashud" concept (suspicious object) that I picked up in Israel and I'm hypersensitive, but this is a different world and I just hope too many people don't have to learn the hard way.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments