Friday, August 10, 2007

Work Environment...

I think it is a credit to the company for which I work that this week I was able to:
1. Have a conversation with my Regional VP (boss’ boss’ boss :-)) in which I felt comfortable enough to tell him that I broke down crying while reading Strong
Fathers, Strong Daughters
I realize this is manager-dependent, of course, but that our culture allows for that type of interaction between co-workers says a lot to me.

2. Have a con call w/a peer while his 2 month old was cooing/crying on his lap. He felt comfortable asking if it was ok and I didn’t feel distracted/irritated by it at all. (Now, I might not do that w/my RVP on the phone, but hey).

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got my issues with the company, but you’ve got to take the good with the bad. And I just think this is a good thing.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments