Thursday, August 16, 2007

Serendipitous Tunes..

One of the neat things about reading a blog is that you get an insight into different passions of the blogger.

If you open your mind up, you'll be exposed to a whole world which you didn't formerly appreciate.

Case in point.

I read Fred Wilson's blog because he is a leader in the Internet industry, very savvy, and someone whose opinion I really respect. Well, I disagree with his politics, but that's not the point.

Fred is also a music fiend. Most of the time, I gloss over them. For some reason, I read this post and boy, am I glad that I did.

Do yourself a favor and download (it's free), the song called "Pretty Shoes" at the end of the post. Each time I listen to them, I think the song is more and more brilliant.

Opening lines are:

They say you can't judge a man

until you walk a mile in his shoes.

So, I stole your shoes and

I walked a mile in them.

And I still don't consider you a friend.

The tune (sort of folksy) is just the perfect yin to the lyrics yang.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments