Sunday, November 24, 2019

Impeachment

I haven't watched any of it.

On the one hand, I certainly understand the need to keep the democracy in check.  That's pretty important.

On the other hand, this whole process was tainted for me from the outset as the Democrats kept saying "we're going to impeach him."

For me, that made it look like a Kafka-esque trial. "We want to nail him, we just need to find a good thing to pin on him."

There's no doubt in my mind he strong-armed Ukraine. That's politics.
I'm not sure it's really worth of impeachment and I'm certainly not sure that it's worthy of it w/less than a year to the election.

If I were Mitch McConnell, I'd drag out the trial for 2-3 months and make all of the Senators be present to attend.

I'm no fan of Trump at all, but it's tough for me to see the Senate convicting him, and the process has been questionable. This doesn't even take into account how his supporters are going to react.

What makes me even sadder is that it takes the country's attention away from some really important issues.

Granted, keeping a President honest is super critical, but this isn't like Watergate....or even Clinton, where it was "we found something he did, let's impeach him."

I'm sure there are many who disagree with me.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments