Monday, April 10, 2006

What's God got to do with it?

Is there a term that explains the propensity to question/blame God when things don't go well/our way and to just assume that "it is as it should be" when things do go our way?

There are definitely moments when things are going well when I pause and thank God for all that I have. No question.

I guess I just find that it's disproportionate to my God-centric thinking when things may not be going as I want them to go. I wonder "what is it that I did to deserve this?" Of course, when I think about my behavior and remove the justification lens that I use for everything, there are probably things that I have done to deserve this.

I'm not saying that God acts in this way at all. What's more, I don't think He does. It's just my instinct to think this way.

The Germans probably have a 20 letter word for this phenomenon.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments