Friday, April 21, 2006

Resistance is Futile...

There have been two times to date where I have had to forcibly hold Calanit down in order to compel her to sleep. I know that I am going to win the battle in terms of strength. I also know that I am doing what is best for her. It's still tough.

I don't want her to view me as someone who is holding her back, literally or figuratively. It's painful when she says, "Abba, don't snuggle me," which I suppose is about the nicest way you could say "get the hell off of me" that I can imagine.

Nevertheless, it's another one of those uncomfortable positions as a parent where your child doesn't necessarily understand or appreciate why you are doing what you are doing and there may be relationship damage as a result, but you still have to do it.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments