Sunday, April 02, 2006

Daddy's Helper...

I've decided that instead of doing specific activities for the kids, I will do the activities that need to be done and make them kid-friendly.

This morning while Erez was sleeping, Calanit and I went outside. It was a GORGEOUS day. I had her help me caulk some cracks along the side of the house, clean up leaves, put sticks in the trash, and clean our ladder. At each stage, I made a point of explaining WHY we were doing what we doing and how the investment would pay off.

Of course, we did interject the work with some hide and go seek around the tree and some chasing in the backyard (and later w/Erez we went to the park), but I was fortunate to have a GREAT helper for some of the more mundane tasks, which made it all the more fun.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments