Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A tale of two customer service experiences

Somehow I missed payment of our March credit card bill. There are a ton of possible reasons for this, but suffice it to say, it doesn't happen all that often.

I call Chase and tell them what happened. The payment is on the way, I tell them. Can you waive the late fee ($39)? I'm a good customer.

The rep says to me: "It doesn't matter if you are a good customer. That's the policy. You can call back after we receive the payment and ask for a credit."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  How about "I understand, Mr. Epstein. As soon as we get the payment, we will immediately credit your late fee. Thanks for your business."

I'm on the plane to Atlanta now, flying AirTran and have to say, I'm impressed.  The seats are bigger (more legroom) and there is free XM Radio on the plane (and they don't sell headsets either...just hand them out.).  What's more, I got an email yesterday saying, "click here to print your boarding pass" which I did and saved me a few minutes during check-in.

Just nice and further proof that the little things make a big difference (at least for me.)

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments