Friday, April 28, 2006

Walmart...

When Tamar and I drove cross country, we stopped at Walmart in Cody, Wyoming. It was the first one we had ever visited. Land is cheap in Wyoming and the place was GI-NORMOUS!!

We bought a ton-for not a lot of money. I got a pair $19 hiking boots which I still have and are great.

There aren't any Walmart's in my area, really, but the past two days, I've been to two of them due to the location of some of my customers.

I know that Walmart takes a lot of heat for a lot of things, but man, it is impressive and frankly, I'm in favor of it. They drive prices down and that translates into value for the average consumer. Of course there are many side effects, but as a believer in the market, you've got to give some credence to the fact that so many people buy so much there every single day.

I controlled myself and only got $30 worth of things, which would have cost at least 1.5 to 2 times that at the regular stores. I'm happy with that.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments