Thursday, April 06, 2006

The sporting life

On Fox Sports Radio on Tuesday morning via XM Satellite on AirTran, the
radio personality was talking about the implied agreement of being a
sports fan. He was referring back to the rather boring Men's NCAA
Championship game and said:

"Look, when you are a sports fan, you make a deal. You agree to sit
through hours of really bad games so that you can have those few just
downright spectacular games. That's the life we have chosen!"

I chuckled, knowing full well what he meant.

Having gotten up at 4.30 am on 4 hours of sleep, I was pretty wiped out
that night. I got back to my room and saw the 1st half o the Maryland
Women's game in the championship game against Duke. They were completely
outplayed and down by 10 at halftime.

I was exhausted. I am now a "responsible" adult and have a duty to my
family and company to be well-rested for the "important" things.

I went to bed.

You know how this story ends...

Got up at 6.30am and went to the exercise room to hit the stairmaster.
ESPN was on TV and though I couldn't hear it, I saw that Maryland
won....in Overtime....and got there because of a 3 pointer over a 6 foot
7 inch opposing player with 6 seconds left.

I'm getting conservative, choosing to play it safe, and look what
happens...

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments