Friday, April 21, 2006

Airport security...

Got caught going through security with a Swiss Army knife. It was unintentional, the result of a series of unintended steps. Nevertheless, had a choice to face.

Either give up the knife or go back and figure out how to check it through and risk missing the flight.

I had received the knife as a bar mitzvah gift from my Dad. The thought of leaving it at the security gate of BWI was not the glamorous end I would have envisioned, so I took option 2.

The whole episode fomented the anger in me that I feel for the Arab terrorists who have changed the way we live.

On top of that, I was upset that all knife owners are viewed in the same light, when profiling-the way the Israelis do it-just seems to overlay some intelligence and analysis on top of otherwise banal facts.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments