Sunday, March 29, 2009

Transformations of a Weekend…

The NFO is in New York this weekend for the equivalent of the “World Cup of Israeli Folk Dance.”

I’m going solo for approximately 56 hours.

That’s not to say I haven’t had (or won’t have any) help. My philosophy in business and in personal life is the same: “Scale Through Partners.”

Anyway, being the point person for parenting has not only given me a new appreciation for the NFO (that’s my wife’s nickname-Nameless and Faceless One, since she doesn’t want to be named or shown on the blog), it’s given me a new appreciation for my kids.

Sure, it’s a lot of work, but during those moments of “low tide,” I am really starting to see and appreciate them as individuals…as real people and they are capable of true conversations now, which is pretty exciting.

What’s more, I can tell Paco and Tonka, “When Gianni goes down for a nap, I am taking one also. You’re on your own.”

And they are ok with it.

But, the highlight of the weekend was when Gianni…for the first time…stood on two feet for a few seconds and climbed up the stairs.

Poof!

We’re into another stage.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments