Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Paco and the Pea...

Nostrils by David ShankboneImage via Wikipedia
Paco looks at me from the dinner table.
"Hey look, a pea!"

Sure enough,  he's got a partially cooked/dried-out pea in his hand.

"Great," I say.

A few minutes later, he looks at me, "the pea is in my nose."

I stare at him in disbelief.

Then, I pick him up, lie him down on the couch and look up his right nostril.

Sure enough, the pea is lodged up there. It's not on the endge, it is lodged.

I get a straw. That's right, a straw.

I press his other nostril close and start sucking...

I think to myself, "I am basically drinking his snot through a straw. I can't believe it."

Relatively quickfully, thankfully, the pea is connected to end of the straw and the procedure is over.

Put this in the category of Stuff I Never Thought I Would Have To Do....

 
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments