Friday, March 27, 2009

Even More Thoughts on Starting a Business..

Don't know why I started this thread, but it's here. Continuing from Wed's first post.

I was talking to a longtime mentor yesterday about business the other day (per yesterday's post) and we were talking about the pre-requisites for success.

He said something that really stuck with me.  "In order to keep your passion, you need to give it away."

Then, it dawned on me that the two ideas are intricately linked.

I've heard a number of people say, "I got laid off, so I am probably going to do some consulting for a while before I find something else."

It's just my opinion and while there are no guarantees of success in business no matter what, I do think that you need to have PASSION.

If you don't have TRUE PASSION for what you are doing, it's going to be really difficult to get it off the ground.  Because, it'll feel like work.

If it's your passion, it's not work. It doesn't feel that way.

Yes, you are tired. You "leave it all on the field." You are worn out, but it's a satisfied worn out, not a drained on.


And that gives you the energy to get out of bed the next day..in fact, you want to. You can't wait to get started.

Doesn't sounds like a regular job, does it?
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments