Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Thoughts on Starting a Business....

I'm going to add some more thoughts to yesterday's post about the importance of selling.

And that is the value of your network of friends and family.  When someone asks "how is business going?" I think the answer should be with a question.

Don't say "fine." Don't say, "it's moving along."

Ask them...and it doesn't matter who it is...whatever question is on your mind at the moment. You will be surprised at how willing AND ABLE many people are to help you.  Your friends want you to succeed and if you give them a chance, they will give you a lot in return.

I am astounded, honored, and humbled by how many people have been willing to serve as sounding boards for me in refining multiple elements of the business.

Again, I am FAR from a success, but a lot of the things that have happened are due to my friends and family offering their advice (sometimes unsolicited!) about the evolution of the effort.

I didn't always take it, but I appreciated it.

So, my $.02 is for you to ALWAYS have a question or problem of the day that you want solved and then ask anyone who is willing for their opinion. It'll help you refine it.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments