Thursday, July 19, 2007

What are you passionate about?

When I was in Denver last week, I attended a great presentation about networking, a subject near and dear to my heart.

The instructor asked us to introduce ourselves to the strangers next to us and simply talk about our passions in life.

His point...when people talk about their passions, you see their true selves. You get them motivated and you tap into their energy.

It's a bit awkward, at first, to ask a complete stranger "so, what are you passionate about?" but, I'll tell you something, it works.

Here's what I'm passionate about (in no particular order).

  1. my family
  2. regular exercise
  3. reading
  4. watching movies
  5. destroying militant Islam as a threat to western civilization
  6. the possibility of technology for improving people's lives
  7. marketing as a science and art
  8. understanding how the free market works
  9. staying in touch with people who have meant (or still mean) something to me
  10. being challenged
  11. learning new ideas

 

What about you?

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments