Sunday, July 22, 2007

Motherhood and the Internet

I was in a bit of a bind last night.

I needed a babysitter for this morning so I could take Tungsten to her swimming lesson (btw: Tonka->Tonken->Tungsten: see here for nickname philosophy).

I called a few backups. No luck.

Then, I called a friend who has 5 kids, the eldest of which is 13. Her daughter wasn't available, but within minutes, she gave me the name of 6 possibilities. Sure enough, success resulted.

The next morning, it dawned on me.

Our friend, Aviva (the mother of 5), is like a critical Internet hub. She's got 5 nodes out there and is in contact with people (and their parents) across a huge range of ages. Information flows through her head...A LOT.

If you need info, call a woman with a lot of kids. There's some serious HUMINT there.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments