Monday, July 02, 2007

Philadelphia and Freedom....

Travel to Sesame Place requires going through Philadelphia (for us, at least).

As it turns out, I began watching the latest (and hopefully last!) installment of the Rocky Series, Rocky Balboa. I'm not done yet and part of me feels like I am watching it out of a sense of obligation more than true interest.

Anyway, as you know, Rocky is a Philadelphia hero, so it was a nice convergence of events when I saw the skyline of Philly in the movie and then drove by it yesterday.

As I did, I thought about July 4th and the Liberty Bell.

America is 231 years old. That's impressive.

When I lived in Europe, many Europeans were fond of saying how "young" America is compared to their countries. In some respects, true, but in others, not.

How many systems of government have we had during that time? 1.

Compare that to most European countries and it's a joke. France is on what? the Fifth Republic?

There's a lot of things that we can do much better here, but take a step back and appreciate what we've got. There are plenty of reasons for

loving our country.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments