Thursday, July 05, 2007

Movie Review: Walk the Line...

Aside from his name, I knew next to nothing about Johnny Cash prior to watching this movie.

No idea that he had anything to do with Elivs, Jerry Lee Lewis, or Roy Orbison. Had never heard of June Carter.

So, as a history buff, I found this an interesting insight into a part of Americana and the story itself was gripping.

The acting was really first class. Particularly Reese Witherspoon, since the night before in flipping through the channels, I had seen her in "Legally Blonde," so she redeemed herself in my mind.

In terms of how success in music can breed disaster, it reminded me a bit of Ray, but helped give insight into the complexities of life...no matter where you are on the socioeconomic ladder.

Really enjoyed this one. One of those movies that pulls you in and keeps you until the end. A nice change from last week.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments