Sunday, May 06, 2007

The "Wow" and Marketing Speak...

My brother, Asher, is one of the harshest critics of new technologies. He's an early adopter, but he really puts things to the test in terms of value before he proclaims them worthwhile.

He came over yesterday and I showed him my new laptop. "I haven't seen Vista or Office 2007."

Three minutes later, he said, "stop selling...I am installing this as soon as I get home."

In Vista, I showed him 2 things.


Instant Search and Flip 3-D (pictured) [interestingly enough, as soon as he saw it, the first and only word was WOW! Which is particularly interesting, since that is the marketing slogan.)

In Office 2007, I showed him
Conditional Formatting in Excel and Smart Art in PowerPoint.

Just neat to see his reaction....
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments