Monday, May 21, 2007

Career Planning...

Had a shake-up within my organization at work today. My boss is leaving, a new sheriff is coming to town, and people are anxious/nervous.

I once saw a sign in Colorado that said:

"Change is not a challenge or a threat; it's an opportunity."

It's life's only constant, right?

So, when I heard that my boss was leaving, I was a bit concerned, yes, but not entirely. I have a career plan that-although not as sophisticated as my end of life plan--has some clear ideas about what's next.

But today was a wake-up call. While I may not be out of a job today, it can't hurt to prepare for the day when that may come.

Instead of freaking out...I put the plan into action.

What's your plan when the inevitable change comes? 

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments