Thursday, May 17, 2007

Nostalgia at RFK...

Went to a neat event based on the concept of Moneyball at RFK today. Saw the Nats actually win a game (against the Braves).

Made me nostalgic.

When I was younger, my brothers and I would take the subway down to RFK and see the Redskins play. It was fraternal bonding, an opportunity for independence, and a fun time.

Made me appreciate them and the times we had.

Made me also sad about the current state, not only of the team, but of the stadium.

Nowadays, 14 year old boys can't get to a Redskins game easily on their own. The socioeconomic exposure of going to southeast DC and integrating with people from all over gave us perspective on the world.

Those days are over.

Regardless, enjoyed the chance to walk down memory lane.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments