Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Movie Review: Dead Man Walking

Dead Man Walking is probably a statement against the death penalty, but you know what? After watching it, I found myself more in favor of it.

I think what got to me most was not sympathy with the Sean Penn character, rather with the parents of the murdered teenagers. I couldn't help thinking about the immense pain that I would feel if G-d forbid, something like that were to ever happen to my kids. I felt the rage, the anger, and the hurt. I could understand why the parents in the film would have wanted to execute Penn themselves.

My only knock on the film...the DVD didn't come with English subtitles (only Spanish), which I need if I'm going to work out while I watch. Annoying.

I give it 4 stars. Acting was tremendous.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments