Sunday, May 20, 2007

More on Flexibility...

I think a lot about the flexibility I have in my daily schedule. Maybe that's part of the way I compensate for some of my anxieties around money.

Was talking to a friend who said that last week, he got home every night at 2am and was back in the office at 9am.

I thought about my week.

  1. picked up Calanit at school at 1pm
  2. mowed the lawn as afternoon work-break
  3. took a nap one morning
  4. worked from home 2 days
  5. on days when I went to the office, got home no later than 5pm
  6. got paid to work from a baseball game

I do work in the evening and on Sat/Sun. nights, as necessary. The point is...whatever it takes to get the job done. Time doesn't matter, results do.

Would I like to make more money? Of course.

But one of the things that I love about my minor in Economics is that it is the study of trade-offs.

I could, I think, make more $, but what would be the trade-off?

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments