Sunday, May 13, 2007

Carousel...

After a trip to Home Depot and Best Buy, I took the kids to a carousel in a park near our house. (bonus points if you can guess which kid sat on the horse and which kid stood on the platform next to me).

As we went round and round, I held the hand of one and the shirt of the other (the one riding the horse), but I picked up certain scenes of the world going by around us.

Families waiting in line for the next ride.

Kids going down slides in the park beyond.

A stroller, a barbecue, cars, the bored attendant.

Life, as basic as it gets...and yet not.

A moment in time because it was the first time I had evern taken the two of them to this carousel.

This was a groundbreaking moment in my role as a father. Buying the tickets, getting in the line, finding the right horse...these are the little moments that make fatherhood great. And I felt blessed to be so present and aware of what I was doing and what was happening. Just doing my best to cherish them.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments