Saturday, December 23, 2017

Gratitude Journal- Day 34- Dave Sloan and Compassionate Friends

As many people know, I've become a big fan of blockchain and Bitcoin in the past 2 years. I haven't been quiet about my excitement for it either.

This week, Bitcoin took a big hit, so my confidence on Tuesday/Wednesday was definitely shaken a bit.

This morning, I was talking to Dave Sloan who said to me, "you know, I was thinking about you this week" and he went on to more accurately describe how I was feeling than even I realized myself. 

The self-doubt, the questions from all the people who looked to me for guidance. It was grueling and Dave perfectly summed it up.

It felt really nice to be understood and it made me appreciative of having a friend who could put himself in my place so well.

And it inspired me as well.

It inspired me to work harder to be the kind of friend who thinks about his friends and understands what they must be feeling so that it informs the way I behave.

Today, I am grateful for compassionate friends like Dave Sloan.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments