Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Gratitude Journal- Day 23: Kids' Self-Sufficiency

As a parent, one of my goals is to help raise kids who can do things on their own.

We recently bought a nightstand for Paco and the NFO asked me to put it together.  Now, in fairness, she did ask me to put it together, but what I chose to hear was "make sure it gets put together." But that is a topic for a different day.

You know what I really heard? Learning opportunity!

So, I tasked Tikkanen and Jokinen with getting the job done, figuring they were at the stage where they could do it.

And they did (I only got involved at 2 small points for some final Quality Assurance work). 

It was a great feeling to see them do it and I felt very grateful to the NFO (aka my wife) and my kids for the fact that we had all reached this milestone.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments