Sunday, December 10, 2017

Gratitude Journal- Day 21: Warm beds and blankets

Like many, we had our first snowfall of the season yesterday. I hadn't been sleeping well the last few nights so I decided that I would allow myself a bit of a "sleep-in" on Sunday morning.

Of course, the NFO had given me the green light as well since there were no pressing child-related obligations.

It had been a long time since I could just lie in bed on Sunday morning and not have to jump out to do something.

The snow on the ground outside, the grayness of the sky...it was a perfect morning for just staying snug in the bed.

And it was warm.

I found myself being very grateful for the fact that, in this cold weather in particular and when so many others have less than I do, that we have a warm bed with great blankets and a warm house.

It was comfortable on many different levels.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments