Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Gratitude Journal- Day 31: Amtrak

I know it has been a really, really tough week for Amtrak and my heart breaks for the victims in Seattle.  It's so sad.

Still, I am grateful for the existence of Amtrak as it allowed me to go up/back to NYC for the day in relative comfort and speed. I've noticed that, at least at BWI, the bathrooms have gotten cleaner as well. The Acela train is actually quite pleasurable. The conductors are friendly and the wi-fi is solid (not so much on the Regional train).

I know Amtrak takes a lot of abuse and criticism even on weeks when there aren't horrific tragedies and there are always areas for improvement, but a service like it has made a positive impact on my life and I am grateful for what they do.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments