Friday, May 16, 2008

Well-adjusted kids...

ONe of the highest compliments I've received to date as a parent was from the mother of one of Paco's playdates.

He had spent 2 hours at her house and she said:

"Wow, he is such a well-adjusted kid."

That meant a lot to me, even though the interpretation could vary.

One of the elements of that remark is that I want my kids to not get rattled or fazed by little stuff, since we know life is full of it.

This morning, I forgot to turn off the alarm before opening one of our windows.

The alarm sounded, loudly, and the kids, who were right in the kitchen where the siren is located, were obviously intrigued, but not fazed. They were kind of laughing, in fact.

I turned it off, explained what happened...and that was it. No big deal.

I would have understood if they were scared or crying, but none of that. They just moved on.

That made me feel good.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments