Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Obama's Approach...

You know I don't agree with Obama's politics, but I like what he's doing now from a positioning standpoint.

So what if he got thumped in WV? He's talking now as if Clinton isn't even in the race. That's pretty hard core, if you ask me.

The best PR training I ever got (still remember it after 10 years) was when I learned the importance of "talking points."

The example was of someone asking George Stephanopolous a question about Clinton: "what does the President think about X?"

George replied:

"Not much. He's too focused on his education initiative" (or whatever the example was.)

Steph answered the question in a word and then moved on to seize the moment to his advantage.

Not 100% analogous, but Obama is doing the same thing. It's tough for HRC already, this is just going to make it tougher (even though I enjoy the theater)
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments