Thursday, May 29, 2008

5 year flashback from the FOJ Archives...

Thanks to Aliza Cooperman for forwarding these 4 FOJ notes of years past.

Here's a quick digital productivity tale as well.

The forwards came through and they looked like this:

>
> BEGIN HERE
> I don’t think I have seen this much snow since the weekend my first sister was born 24 years ago. I remember making snow tunnels and jumping off the top of the family station wagon.
>
> The most fun I’ve had this time is just staring out our windows and watching the whole drama unfold. You see people fighting the elements to get their cars out. You see nature’s perfection at huge swaths of land perfectly blanketed by pristine white snow. You see a major road artery devoid of any traffic in the middle of the day.
>

Hate those ">", so I did the following.

  1. copy and pasted the entire text into Word
  2. did an Find and Replace with ">" and a blank space, respectively to remove the ">" symbols (I believe they are carats)
  3. Utilized the "line break removal tool" at http://www.textfixer.com/tools/remove-line-breaks.php to make sure we didn't have any formatting annoyances (frequently happens)

Posted up to blog.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments