Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A Tale of Two movies...

Why I trust myself (Hot Fuzz) more than the airlines (Rush Hour 3) for in-flight entertainment.

Rush Hour 3 was one of the DUMBEST movies I've ever seen. DON'T waste your valuable time. Even the homages to the Godfather didn't save it.

As for Hot Fuzz, it's refreshing to get a taste of British humor every now and again and the caricature of American movies (Bad Boys II and Point Break--neither of which I've seen in full) was actually entertaining.

You get a feel for the odd sense of the British comedy, some witty ideas and unexpected twists, and some so over the top ridiculous moments that it can't help to be anything but enjoyable.

On another travel related note, why is it (once again) that the more money you pay for a hotel (tonight I'm at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue) the more challenging it is to do the basics like Internet (took me 20 minutes and a call to tech support to get on) and exercise room (outside and across the street).

Last month I stayed at Embassy Suites. A bit farther out, but it had everything I needed.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments