Saturday, January 12, 2008

MeatFest...

The culture of carniphilia in my community has been documented before.

And this weekend, I attended what has, I believe, become the third component to the "Kemp Mill Carnivore's Triple Crown."

Jared Minsk is the originator (as far as I know) of the "Shalom Busser."

(This is a cute play on words. Busser is hebrew/yiddish for meat. Shalom is Hello/Welcome [at least in this context], but it's real genius is that it plays on the concept of the Shalom Zachar.)

Anyhow, Jared regaled his guests with a solid cholent, beer-batter double fried meatballs (aka heart-attack on a plate) and some nice and spicy Jambalaya.

Where I take pride in the development of this third component of the Triple Crown is how Jared has worked me in my role as self-appointed marketing consultant.

We worked on branding (focusing on the name), positioning (consistent time of year), consistency, and repetition.

I think he nailed it. Well done, Jared.

Note: The other two are Gadi's Monday Night Football (opening and closing night) and Mosh's 4th of July BarBQ.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments