Thursday, January 29, 2009

Making the Mundane Memorable…

Maybe it is because I am working harder than I ever have.

And I am more tired than ever before (yes, some self-inflicted).

But, I am starting to see the “stop and smell the roses” value (or as we say, ‘mental snapshot’) of the seemingly mundane.

The call to a client, who explains his problem.

The negotiation with a group that wants to hire me.

The challenge of getting reimbursement for my backed-up sewer drain.

I’ve begun to start appreciating these moments as the building blocks of a life lived.

Hard to explain and I’ll come back to it, I am sure.

The point is: the profound  and/or memorable moments are not always profound or memorable at first glance…but can be made that way, if you want.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments