Friday, January 16, 2009

Is it worth fighting Delta?

Prior to flying to Israel, I called Delta to request a bassinet for Gianni (our 10 month old).

I was told, “Ok, your request is in there, but the bassinet is handed out on a first-come, first-serve basis at the time of check-in.”

Fair enough.

We ran to the gate in Atlanta prior to our flight to Tel Aviv and were the first. Got the bassinet.

All was well.

On the return flight, we checked in at Tel Aviv and I asked, “so, did we make it for the bassinet?”

The agent looked at her screen and called her manager over.

He said:

“Sir, the bassinets have been assigned. Some people came by the airport earlier today and asked for it.”

“I see, but have they checked in.”

“They spoke with me earlier today.”

“Right, I know that, but your policy as I understand it is that it is the first person to ‘check-in.’ Have any of these other people checked in?”

It was pretty clear they hadn’t.

Now, I don’t mind if we checked-in 5th and there were only 4 or whatever. What I do mind is that there is a policy and this manager decided it didn’t apply.

Tel Aviv, Israel

Image by RonAlmog via Flickr

Just doesn’t seem fair.

Question:

  1. What would you do in this situation?
  2. How would you go about doing it?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments