Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Birthday Call That Became a Reunion...

Some folks think it is strange that I spend time calling people on their birthdays, particularly those whom I haven't seen or otherwise spoken to for over 5 years.

But every now and then, I have an experience that reminds me why I do it.

As luck would have it, I called David Siegel (help him get to that elusive 500+ on LinkedIn) last week to wish him a Happy Birthday.

Turns out, he was going to be in my neighborhood on Sunday night.

I invited myself over to Keren and Ira's house, which is how I found out it was Keren's birthday (sorry again), and we (or at least I did :-) had a nice chat, reconnecting.

It's all about people and I just love getting the perspective that others bring with time.

I dare say, if I didn't call him, I wouldn't have see him...and the connection would be severed, tougher to re-establish.

Again, an experience that reinforces my worldview.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments