Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Face Time...

As my cousin Barry says, "there are things I can do in person that I could never do on the phone."

There's some stat that says that "communication is only 7% verbal."

So when you are on the phone, you are at a big disadvantage in terms of getting your message across.

That's why I am in St. Louis today (and was in Seattle last week).

There are some folks on my extended virtual who live here and I decided that, if I want to be a "change agent," I need to sell them face to face on my ideas.

No matter how digital we are...email/video conferencing/chats/phones, the in-person human touch can work wonders.

It has for me these last two trips.

Something to think about as we build relationships around the country and world.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments