Monday, October 22, 2007

Princess Diana as Blogger

So I just finished watching The Queen (a movie I really enjoyed), and in watching it, the realization came to me that what the British public (and maybe the world) liked/loved about Diana was her willingness to appear as totally and completely human.

In stark contrast to the Monarchy, I saw the evolution from a command and control/monolithic approach (Monarchy/Industrial Age) to a more human/real (Diana/Internet) age, marked by a desire for, and appreciation of, transparency.

In giving the interviews she did and almost yearning for the paparazzi, she was willing to be authentic in her presentation. A non-royal woman living in a royal world.

Maybe a stretch, but like Diana, I call it like I see it.

Solid movie which I thought did a great job of telling as many sides of the story as there were.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments