Friday, October 27, 2006

Technology regression...

About 6 months ago, the parking lot in my office building replaced the human-operated toll booths with machines.

Fortunately, I have a pass for easy entrance/exit so I didn't have to withstand the longer lines that the machines generated. Every single day, I kid you not, there was at least one problem which required human intervention. It was really quite amazing.

It was actually more expensive since the machines which were designed to replace the humans required humans in addition.

Well, today, I saw that the booths are back. The machines were a total failure and we've come full circle.

Not every new technology is a good one, though you think automated parking lots would be one of them.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments