Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ratings bump...and Bloggers Block? Bloggers Elbow?

During the height of the thyroid cancer treatment, I was blogging like a fiend and the daily activity (as measured in site visits) was at an all-time high. As I said, "Cancer is good for ratings."

It was also good for material. I had, obviously, a lot of thoughts flying through my head. A lot of people were asking, "how are you doing?" and so, it was a cycle of content. Therapy, yes, but also a communications vehicle.

In the post-treatment era, I'm concerned. I'm concerned that the quality of content won't keep my readers coming back. I'm concerned that the depth of commentary now can't possibly equal that of someone in cancer treatment. It's a strange phenomenon, indeed.

I'm feeling a bit worn of blogging. I still love it, but I can't do it all day every day. Ok, never did that, but now I find that 1-2 posts per day is sufficient, not 5-8!

I'm also feeling pressure to keep up the relentless pace I set during the treatment. Ah, the curse of the blogaholic.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments