Thursday, August 11, 2011

Loving the Game…

I once heard a marketing speaker describe herself as a “student of the game,” and I thought “I love that. It drives a growth-mindset.”

This came to mind recently as I was going over my calendar and re-arranging tasks on my calendar (this is a critical skill I learned once and it has served me well—always put a specific time down to do a specific task).

The goal of this exercise (as with every calendar rearranging exercise) was to figure out how to organize the “pieces” so that I could “win.”

In this case “winning” meant a combination of doing everything that needed to be done for my clients, having time for my family and myself, and getting at least 5 hours of sleep every night Winking smile

It was tough, it was challenging, but it was like a very good puzzle and I found myself just thinking, “you know, I just LOVE playing the game…of LIFE.” (not the board game, but I think you know that).

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments