Sunday, February 20, 2011

Modern Travel with Kids…iPad required

Image representing iPad as depicted in CrunchBase

Image via CrunchBase

Nowadays, road trips require DVD players in minivans.

And international/long distance travel?

Well, they require iPads and wi-fi enabled smartphones.

After our kids ran out of gas during our trip to Israel (or in the evenings), I found myself trying to keep them calm in a coffee shop or restaurant by showing them videos from home.

Now, how this affects theValue of the EVO kickstand (2)_thumb purpose of travel (you aren’t forced to watch only a few local stations), I’m not sure…but then again, they are 3, 5, and 7.

I’ll say this….the combination of wi-fi and these 2 devices dramatically simplified our travel experience (which was challenging enough, thank you.)

I wrote about this from a marketing perspective as well

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments