Sunday, September 05, 2010

Solo Fatherhood Declaration of Victory

carpool lane , A1, Netherlands

Image via Wikipedia

As I shared, the NFO was away for a bit last week.

My task (which I did choose to accept) was to be “on point” from about 6pm on Wed. night (after the Nanny left) until about 9am the next morning (after dropping off Nadia at school).

The evening was pretty straightforward. I’m experienced in that department.

The morning (and those who know me know I am not a morning person) was about getting EVERYONE up and ready, driving carpool for Tikkanen and Jokkanen, coming home and coaxing Lakkanen to get ready in time and then take her to school.

It began at 6.35 (did I mention I’m not a morning person?)

It ended, successfully, at 9:12am, when I entered the house after returning from dropping Gianni off at school.

Those 2 hours and 37 minutes were non-stop intensity and, as I walked through the door, I literally raised my hands in the air and danced a jig (Irish, of course).

blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments