Friday, September 17, 2010

The Power of a Women’s Education…

Simmons College Convocation, September 1, 2010

Image by candyschwartz via Flickr

My mom is a graduate of an all-woman college and swears by it.

On my flight to Boston the other day, I met a fascinating woman, Lauren Brisky who is the current Chair of the Board of Trustees of Simmons College.

To say she is a passionate believer in the value of the education she received there is a major understatement. She really sold me on the benefits of all-women colleges (maybe Tonka and Nadia will go there?) and I found myself a believer.

Hey, being the father of daughters has changed my worldview.

What’s more, we had a fascinating conversation about the future of higher education in the US (she’s the former CFO of Vanderbilt), American competitiveness, and some of the disturbing trends we are seeing.

The video interview I made her do (heh, heh) is a good one. I hope you’ll take 4 minutes to check it out.

alt
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
View Comments